Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Into San Diego

After a bittersweet goodbye, a week of moving and a gallon of green paint on the carpet, Melo and I are finally settled into our new place in San Diego. And we love it! It's a small little place, but perfect for the four of us (Melo, Me, Harley and Diamond). We are about 2 miles from everything! We've been trying to get out everyday possible to go somewhere new.

We took the pups to Sunset Cliffs (pictured above) the first week we moved in. Harley had a big scare with 5 large dogs who wanted to play. Poor little guy didn't know what to do except bark for his little life! But once we hiked down the cliffs we had a small beach all to ourselves! The pups had the time of their life playing in the sand and waves. They were tuckered out for the rest of the day!



Our next day off we visited Balboa Park with them. They had a good walk that day. The park is so pretty! I could walk there everyday and never get tired of the scenery. There's always something going on there. A play, art exhibits, marathons or walks, craft faires...I will be going there often!

We also visited the Mission in Old Town (pictured below). There's a short little trail that winds around the park there. Doggies had a good hike then to top it off they got to run free in an empty meadow. They sniffed a lot of new smells that day! But because they're so small, I constantly worry about a wild animal of bird snatching them up! My poor future kids - they won't be able to do anything without me worrying!



I hope next week we can get out to Mission Bay and Dog Beach. I'm determined to try a little of everything down here while I can!
Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment